Studying in Australia needs you to get a high score on IELTS
This is the right time to review your English before taking the test
So that you won'y be wasting time and effort.
Experience: 5 years
IELTS Spoken Real Test
Suggested questions for stage 1
1. Could you show me your identification card please?
2. Could you tell me your full name please?
3. What shall I call you?
4. Does your name have any special meaning?
5. Why do so many people change their names?
6. Is your name important to you?
Hometown or birth place
1. Where do you come from?
2. Where do you live?
3. Can you tell me something about your hometown?
4. Can you tell me some famous landscapes or scenic spots in your hometown?
5. Can you tell me some history of your hometown?
Personal background and information
1. Are you a student or do you have a job?
2. What do you like most about your study?
3. What kind of job do you prefer after graduation?
4. What is your major?
5. What do you do for living?
6. Could you tell me a typical day of yours?
7. How do you get your job?
8. Are you satisfied with your job?
9. What do you like most about your job?
10. What kind of job do you prefer in the future?
Hobby or inclination
1. What do you usually do in your spare time?
2. Do you prefer to stay alone or with your friends?
3. What do you usually do on weekends and weekdays?
4. What do you usually do when you go out?
5. What do you usually do with your friends?
6. Do you like reading?
7. What kind of books do you like best?
8. Do you like English? Why or why not?
9. What do you think of the importance of English?
10. What are good hobbies and bad hobbies? Why?
1. Why do you take the IELTS test?
2. What are you planning to do in the next five years?
3. What are you planning to do in the next ten years?
4. What is the first thing you will do when you arrive at the new place?
Suggested stage 2 questions most frequently asked in stage 1
Do you like traveling?
Do you like travel alone or with your friends?
Have you traveled to other places? Where are they?
What do you usually do when you first arrive in a new place?
What are the benefits of traveling?
Why do so many people like traveling nowadays?
Do you have many friends? Are they casual acquaintances or close friends?
Do you prefer to stay with your family or with your friends?
Do you prefer one or two close friends or many friends?
Can you talk about your best friend?
How to make friends?
What do you usually do with your friends?
Is the time you spend with your friends as much as that you spend with your family?
Do you like music?
What are the benefits of listening to music?
What kind of music do you like best?
Why do you like this kind of music?
Can you say something about the transportation in your hometown?
What is the common means of transport in your country?
Do traffic jams often occur in your hometown or in the city where you live?
How to solve the problem?
What changes in transportation have taken place in the past several years in your country?
Can you tell me an interesting building in your hometown?
Can you tell me an interesting building in Guangzhou?
Suggested topics in stage 2 & related questions for stage 3
Category 1: Describing things (1 test item)
1. Describing a piece of equipment you often use at home or at work. You should say,
What is it ?
What you do with it/ How to use it?
How long you have had it?
How important it is to you?
1. What are the impacts of electrical equipment on human’s life in the past ten years?
2. What are the differences of the life in the past and at the present?
3. What role does technological development play in people’s life?
4. How will technology develop in the future?
5. Do you have a mobile phone? What are its advantages?
6. Why do many foreign countries develop faster than China?
7. Why does the China’s West develop faster than China’s East?
8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of computer and internet?
Category 2: Describing people (3 test items)
1. Describe a well-known person. You should say,
Who he/she is?
What makes him/her famous?
Why you admire him/her?
1. Do you want to become famous?
2. How to become a well-known person in China?
3. What kind of people can become famous in China?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being famous?
5. What do you think of the privacy of a well-known person?
6. What do you think of the relationship between a well-know person and advertising?
7. Would you be influenced by the well-known persons in TV commercials?
8. Do you often talk about singers with your friends? What do you often talk about?
2. Describing a friend in your school time/ you like most. You should say,
Who he/she is?
When did you became friends?
Why do you like him/her or why do you think that he/she is important to you?
How he/she influences you.
1. What are the differences between adults and children in terms of making friends?
2. Can adults make friends with children?
3. What do you think are the most important factors when making friends?
4. What are the possible factors that cause the break-up of friendship?
5. Why is it difficult for adults to make friends?
6. What will the friendship become like when getting old?
3. Describing a person whom you like to work or study with. You should say,
Who is he/she?
When did you work/study together?
What do you often do together?
Why do you like to work with him/her?/ What can you learn from him/her?
Why is he/she particular?
1. Do you like to work alone or with a partner?
2. What do you think of teamwork and team spirit?
3. What kind of people are good to work with?
4. Do you like group work or group learning?
8. What is your opinion on efficiency?
9. What are the advantages of studying by yourself?
10. What do you think of efficiency?
Category 3: Describing places (2 test items)
1. Describe a restaurant or a cafe. You should say,
Where it is?
What it looks like?
What kind of services is provided?
What kind of food you like there/ What kind of food is famous?
Why you like it?
1. Do you like cooking?
2. Will you cook for your friends when they visit you?
3. Who cooks in a Chinese family?
4. What do you think of the advantages and disadvantages of fast food?
5. Why is fast food so popular?
6. Where would Chinese go when they eat out?
7. What changes would take place in terms of Chinese eating habits?
8. What food is popular?
9. What is the difference between fresh food and canned food?
10. What can we do to solve the problem of food shortage?
11. What are the advantages and disadvantages of family food?
2. Describing an interesting building. You should say,
Where it is located.
What it looks like.
What services are provided?
How you like it.
What role do old buildings and new buildings play in modern society?
What changes have taken place in architecture in the past two decades?