In addition to holding a degree in Training and Development I have over 15 years experience of delivering courses for personal development.
Experience: 15 years
Having an effective team around you is crucial. However, it is an area that is often left to chance, which can lead to de-motivated individuals that do not feel part of the business and consequently do not perform.
This course looks at what it takes to lead an effective team and how you can get the best out of the people in it by understanding the role of leader, both personally and from the point of view of the team.
Intended for: Anyone that leads a team.
Objectives: By the end of this course participants will:
* Be able to explain the qualities of an effective leader
* Have benchmarked themselves against those qualities and developed actions to improve
* Be able to explain the difference between leading and managing
* Be able to explain the value of sharing the business vision with the team
* Be able to develop team goals based on the business vision
* Be able to motivate their staff by understanding their drivers and developing actions to support them
* Be able to deal with difficult staff members
* Be able to challenge staff
* Be able to coach staff effectively using a simple process
This course will be delivered in 10 one hour lessons.