University of Manchester
Experience: 2 years
Private and Online Tution given to all ages of students up to Primary/GCSE/AS/A levels in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Students of Primary School age are given tution in all subjects that they require help in. I will consider all subjects and circumstances up to GCSE level. I have completed my Master of Science (MSc) in Nanoelectronics at the University of Manchester in 2009. Pursuing to specialize in Electronics and Instrumentation was my dream! Excelling in the fields of CAE, Robotics due to its immense real life applications in research fascinates me and completed my B.Tech in Instrumentation from one of the premier engineering and science institutes . I have vast experience with children and have been CRB checked. My goal is to inspire people in science, I have 'a passion for learning' and aim to spread this passion to young people and giving them the belief in themselves that they can achieve in an area people often believe is 'hard'.
My special area of expertise is in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. My experience of these subjects and proven academic track record allows me to really add value to a candidate's capabilities. I have 13 years’ experience teaching and tutoring Science, including Chemistry, Physics and Biology. I currently tutor at student's homes and online and have students from KS2 and KS3 science through to GCSE, A-Level and undergraduate level. There are several things I can offer:
1. Coaching on exam essay technique and structure - This is critical to a candidate's performance in exams. How candidates present what they know is often far more important than the scope of their knowledge.
2. Coaching on revision techniques and broader study-skills - Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. It is important for candidates to have a well developed and effective revision strategy.
3. Planning and Structure of Coursework - I can give helpful advice on how to plan and structure coursework
4. Specific Questions on particular topic areas - Science Subjects are inherently broad, so forewarning of what is to be covered via email is helpful, so I can provide accurate and well researched answers.
5. Advice for those looking to go on to study one of these subjects at University, in terms of the best ways to prepare for learning at University, the skill set to look to develop, differences between A-Level and University.
6. With Maths and Physics I can help students with areas of understanding they struggle with, through working through past papers and example questions together and clearly explaining concepts they might struggle with.