Gregory Price Stepp
September 2011- May 2013: Teaching Assistant at Ohio University in the Department of Modern Languages.
- Taug ht Spanish 111, 112, 113 and 1110 to undergraduate students.
- Planned daily lessons, utilizing course book, PowerPoint, music, written texts and interactive games to present and review material.
- Held office hours twice a week to offer extra help and attention to students.
- Hosted weekly conversation hour with other TAs throughout school year.
- Emphasized the benefits of speaking Spanish in global economy.
- Encouraged students to take an interest in Spanish language as a means to discover new ideas and experience unique cultures.
May 2008-June 2011: English instructor at Canterbury English in Madrid, Spain.
- Complete d TEFL certification course in May of 2008 at Canterbury English in Madrid, Spain.
- Taught child, adolescent, and adult individual classes.
- Instructed large business English classes to groups of fifteen or more students for up to fourteen hours a week.
- Worked in administration of Canterbury offices, overseeing course materials and assisting teachers with lesson planning.
- Received Gold Teacher Award, given to one teacher each spring in May of 2009.
October 2009-Present: TEFL course instructor at Canterbury English
- Prepare d and designed Business English section of 120 TEFL course.
- Taught Business English theory and technique to classes of up to 20 students.
- Observed, critiqued, and wrote formal reports on students’ practice lessons.
- Taught one night TEFL seminar course to American university students in Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Salamanca and Bilbao.
June 2007- August 2013 (seasonal): Instructor at CinciLingua Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Taught English to Latin American professionals six days per week (M-F 9am – 4pm and Saturday 9am -2pm).
- Instructed students one-on-one, focusing upon the learner’s personal abilities and needs.
- Focused on English grammar, idiomatic expressions, prepositions, special usage, vocabulary and American culture.
- Accompanied students on weekly field trips to museums, aquariums, parks, restaurants, sporting events and other cultural activities around Cincinnati.
- Maintain ed ITP (Intensive Training Program) of students, adjusting lessons and activities for each specific learner.
2011-2-13 Ohio University Athens, Ohio
- M.A, Spanish Language and Literature: 3.7/4.0 GPA
- Taught Spanish to undergraduate students.
2003 -2007 Ohio University Athens, Ohio
- B.A, English Language and Literature: 3.6/4.0 GPA in major, 3.0/4.0 GPA cumulative. Minor, Spanish Language and culture.
- Two TEFL certificates: Ohio University and Canterbury English.
Experience: 10 years
I have taught English both in the US and in Spain. With more than ten years experience in both Business and General English classes, I am confident that you will improve your language skills from the very beginning.
As my résumé shows I have much experience teaching learners of all levels and ages. In addition to having studied English Literature and Teaching Methodology, I hold a Master's Degree in Spanish Language and Literature. By having studied a foreign language and having achieved an advanced level of proficiency, I understand the anxieties, frustrations, joys and triumphs of learning a new system of communication.
Contact me with any questions and I hope to talk to you soon!