English Conversation: Art, Food, Design, Culture (Native Speaker)
TESOL - Business English
TESOL - Computer Learning
BA degree - Illustration Major, Fine Art Minor, Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, USA
Special Method training - Wall Street English - Shanghai, China
___EXPERIEN CE (Teaching, Food and Art)
- English Teacher for adults - Wall Street English - Shanghai, China
- Private English tutoring - around the world
- Group art gallery tours as English classes - Shanghai, China
- Group art workshops for community centers in Brazil and Indonesia.
- Private workshops and group presentations about art, world culture - USA, Brazil and China.
- Worked for many years in the food industry, as a service person and food arranger in restaurants and high-end catering - California, USA
- Formal bartending classes - USA
- Lots of experience with, and passion for, anything artistic or food related!
- Travel abroad - I enjoy getting to know the local people, cuisine and culture - over 12 countries
- Lifelong artist (painting and sculpture)
- Media music composer
Experience: 17 years
DISCOUNTS... pay for 3 classes, and get the 4th class free.
Conversations about food, art, design, architecture, dance, and global cultural events, for fun or job preparation.
METHOD: you prepare for 30 minutes, then we converse for 30 minutes. It's more effective to practice frequently than for a long time.
You'll be doing most of the talking, but I'll encourage you to ask useful and interesting questions so new people will enjoy speaking with you. Then you can learn from others, not just talk AT others! You can discuss things in a logical or emotional way.
I'm a TESOL certified native English speaking artist from the USA (American English). I also know most British English. I have a neutral accent and clear pronunciation. I travel and live abroad most of the time. I am also an artist and compose music. I love to try new cuisines, and cook.
People who would like these classes...
- Restaurant owners
- Students at culinary schools or art / design / architecture schools
- Food bloggers
- anyone who loves to discuss new cuisines, food, art galleries and cultural events (dance, festivals, etc)
Choose any conversation topic...
- Compare 2 paintings, buildings or something else visual. Discuss them factually, and then subjectively (emotionally)
- How to politely discuss art, design or food you don't like
- Your favorite type of cuisine
- Describe how to cook or prepare food
- A favorite recipe
- The craziest foodies you know
- Your favorite chefs or restaurant philosophies
- Your favorite restaurants. Describe their menu, food, beverages, service, and ambiance
- Describe some of your favorite cultural events or music
- Where you would love to travel to, and what you want to experience while there
During our session...
 We will discuss the topic in a natural fun way. You will do most of the talking.
 You should ask me at least 3 questions.
 At the end, I will give you encouragement and suggestions about your:
- conversational skills