On-Line ESL Teacher
EducationBEVERLY ANN BARSS
HIGHLIGH TS OF QUALIFICATION
by Ontario College of Teachers for Intermediate/Senior Divisions to teach Dramatic Arts and English.
- Bachelor of Education with a major in Drama and minor in English from University of Alberta. This has helped in developing a rich and creative teaching style/method.
- Eight years strong experience in teaching Drama and English to secondary school students at Banting Memorial High School, Alliston, Ontario.
- Three years teaching experience with Assiniboine Community College teaching at Long Plain First Nation, Manitoba.
- Experience d in working with emotionally disturbed children in treatment centers, group homes and in a family support program with dysfunctional family.
- Ability to use clear communication techniques and to create a happy, caring, stimulating learning environment and to transmit enthusiasm and to foster children's appetite for learning.
- An imaginative approach, with highly developed creative and practical skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of young children, combined with the ability to establish a positive relationship with parents and other professionals.
- A sound understanding of student’s development and an awareness of problems that can interfere with normal development. Energy, stamina and resourcefulness.
- Hig h levels of creativity and resourcefulness, combined with strong planning and organizational skills.
- A genuine interest in children and respect for their individuality.
- Stron g organizational skills and excellent interpersonal communication.
- Detai l oriented with a good figure aptitude; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Hardwor king, reliable and trustworthy; understand the importance of a job well done.
- Computer literate.
&nbs p;WORK EXPERIENCE
10527 96 St NW
Skill Enhancement promotes employment readiness through skill training and goal-setting programs. Frequent workshop topics include:
▪& nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; Preparing for Your Interview
▪ Supported Job Search
▪&nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; Resume Writing
▪&n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; Personal Power and
▪ Money Management
Safety Tickets are difficult for many community members to afford; therefore Employment Services offers CSTS, First Aid and H2S to those who enroll in one of our three pre-employment programs
English as a Second Language Instructor
University, Saudi Arabia Job
- Delivered material in an engaging and interactive manner
< strong>- Inspired and develop interest in learning English
English as a Second Language Instructor
DE LANGUES DE L’ESTRIE, Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- English as a Second Language Instructor
- Teach English to French RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) who are from Quebec, Canada working in Edmonton, Alberta
- Pre pare students for the Federal Government Tests
- i)Readin g Comprehension
- ii)Written Expression
- iii ) Oral Proficiency
SABIS FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SERVICES, Abu Dhabi Branch, UAE
2008 – 2009
- Support MOE Staff in implementing the ADEC curriculum
- Worked closely with AQC to provide support for
- Responsible for planning at grade level for specific subjects
- Promotes increasing MOE teacher independence
- Demonst rates best practices in delivery of ADEC Curriculum
- Monitors, assesses and evaluates lesson planning and curriculum delivery
- Identifies strengths and areas of development
- Designs action plans with subject teachers
- Provides regular reports to AQC
- Keeps abreast of curriculum changes and communicates these to MOE teachers
- Teaches ESL classes (daily) to the Teachers so they could improve their English
En glish / Drama Teacher
BANTING MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL, Alliston, ON. &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; 1998 - 2006 &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; p>
- L ed Drama and English classes for grade 10, 11 and12 with focus on respect, working together & improvisation.
- Devel oped an Anti Bullying Collective Drama performance that was performed at the Simcoe County District School Board and toured to elementary school in this county. Awarded a Certificate of Excellence.
- Facilita ted development and directed performance of various plays developed through class collaboration.
- Plann ed and organized a range of individual and group activities, including role play, movement, drama and dance, singing, games, and nature activities.
- Facilita ted a very popular and innovative Hip Hop Club, which gave students the chance to write and perform rap music.
- Organized and designed lesson plans in all subject areas, directed class activities and implemented a behavior management program. Organized learning resources and the classroom environment at secondary school to facilitate a positive learning experience.
- Employed a variety of teaching methods designed to capture students' interest and maximize individual learning.
- Developed and implemented enrichment programs for academically advanced children and remedial programs for students requiring extra assistance.
- Engaged students in collaborative and interactive activities to provide knowledge of elements of argument. Used creative and practical skills to prepare inspiring learning materials.
- Facilitat ed critical analysis of topics through class discussions and essays.
- Communicated effectively with parents about their children's development.
- Dealt creatively and effectively with any problem situations that may arise.
- Ensured that the health and safety of children and staff is maintained at all times, both inside and outside the classroom environment.
- Fostere d appropriate skills and social attitudes in secondary school students.
- Assessed, recorded and communicated student progress.
Adult Learning Instructor
ASSINI BOINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Long Plain Education Authority, Long Plain First Nations, Manitoba &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p; &nbs p;
1993 - 1996
- Administered/developed/in structed adult upgrading program (Adults 18 years – 45 years).
- Instructed Writing/Communication Skill program, English 40G correspondence English 12, General Education Diploma (GED) preparation, Reading program, and Computers.
- Provided a stimulating learning environment in which students can develop to their full potential.
- Employed a broad range of instructional techniques to retain student interest and maximize individual learning within a group environment.
- Utilize d computer resources, including educational software and the Internet, to promote interactive learning.
- Helped to prepare students for the future workforce by introducing new technology and encouraging interactive group-work and problem solving.
Evalu ated and communicated student progress and liaised with other professionals to discuss individual student needs.
- Provided assistance with career guidance, job placement and follow-up work with students.
- Maintained up-to-date subject knowledge and researched new topic areas, resources and teaching methods.
- Assessed learning needs and styles.
Experience: 20 years
English grammar and vocabulary
Pronunciation/ Canadian accent
Experience teaching in Turkey
Najran University in Najran, Saudi Arabia.
I was teaching teacher in the United Arab Emirate
My experience in the Middle East gave me insight and awareness of the many cultural differences when working with foreign students. I have experience working with adults and children teaching ESL
Qualified Ontario English/Drama teacher