Business, Academic, and Conversation
Master's in Teaching, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
University of Southern California
I have 5 years of teaching experience including teaching the following:
- 3 years of job skills (resume writing and interviewing skills)
- 3 years of life skills classes (nutrition, cooking, exercise, and budgeting)
- 3 years of teaching children K-12 (reading and writing)
- 2 years of adult ESL classes (both conversational English and academic English)
- 2 years of technology classes (how to use computers, Microsoft Word, and Internet)
Experience: 5 years
Navigate the American Workplace
Business English will teach you English needed for the workplace. This involves learning about the appropriate language and cultural customers common in the American workplace.
You will learn:
- Common terms and expressions. What do they mean? What is the correct way to speak?
- Proper work behaviors. How should I respond? How should I act? Is this correct? What do I wear?
English for Higher Education
This course will teach you how to write in academic English and improve your papers and course grades.
You will learn:
- Academic English versus Conversational English
- Writing English versus Speaking English
You will practice all lessons through writing activities and paper edits.
English for Everyday Use
This selection will teach everyday English for use in a variety of settings. This includes English needed for: shopping, doctors offices, schools, work, phone calls, housing, traveling, weather, health, friendship, money, eating, and many more!
This option is best for those who want to learn and practice a variety of English words and phrases used in different settings.
*All classes are meant to be taught in 3 or more courses. They can be taught in less or more time depending on what the student wants.