Need help with literature? Stuck on that essay? Want to read more? Want to become a stronger writer?
PhD: Cornell University, 2013
;   ; Specializations: Shakespeare, Renaissance poetry, philosophy
M.A.: Cornell University, 2011
B.A.: Florida International University, 2007
Teaching and Tutoring Experience
English and Essay Tutor, Cornell University, Knight Writing Institute: 2013
Dean’s Prize for Distinguished Teaching, Cornell University: 2013
Martin Sampson Teaching Award, Cornell University: 2013
Sage Fellowship for Graduate Studies, Cornell University: 2008
Outstanding Achievement in English, Florida International University: 2007
Experience: 5 years
Hi! I'd like to help you talk about, think about, and write about literature. I have a PhD in literature from Cornell University, where I specialized in Shakespeare, poetry, and philosophy; I also have expertise in novels, short fiction, and film. I've taught and tutored for the past five years, and I'm dedicated to helping people understand and think critically about literary and cultural issues.
I am happy to work with anyone who is...
* In an English literature class at the high school or university level;
* In a book club;
* Writing an essay, whether for fun or in an academic or professional context;
* Working on becoming a better writer;
* Interested in broadening his or her literary knowledge;
* Interested in expanding his or her vocabulary and reading skills;
* Interested in reading new material and discussing it in a sophisticated way
This is, of course, just a sampling - if you think I'll be able to help you, but don't exactly fit into one of these situations, don't be afraid to ask! If you're interested in literature, reading, writing, and thinking, there's a good chance that we can work together.
We'll first discuss your interests and what you want to accomplish - I'll then tailor a lesson plan that fits your needs. When I know what you want and need, I can help you to...
* Polish and edit your essays;
* Gain insight into the books and poems you are reading and working on;
* Learn new vocabulary and sharpen up your writing style;
* Create an original, unique reading list that addresses your interests;
* Critically read and talk about a wide variety of literary and cultural issues
If this is what you're looking for, let's talk!