English Conversation Practice
Bachelor of Arts, 2006, Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
Master of Arts, 2014, Computer Networking Administration, Brensten Education, Wisconsin, USA.
Experience: 5 years
If you want to improve your English fluency, you must practice. Let me be your conversation coach! I'm a native speaker from Wisconsin, USA. I have a large vocabulary, a neutral American accent, and a university degree. If you are worried about your ability to have a conversation in English, I will help make your English sound more natural.
Beginning and Pre-intermediate English students:
Choose an onine news article about any topic that fascinates you, and when we speak, we will read it together, alternating paragraphs. With this lesson plan, you will:
- improve your pronunciation by reading the article aloud (with my corrections if needed).
- expanding your vocabulary by learning new words in each article.
- sharpen your speaking by summarizing the article to me and answering my follow-up questions.
Intermediate & Advanced English students:
Select any TED talk (http://www.ted.com/) that fascinates you, and get ready to discuss it when we speak. TED talks feature people from around the globe sharing revolutionary ideas on a variety subjects. With this lesson plan, you will:
- improve your listening by becoming familiar with different English accents.
- expand your vocabulary by following the interactive transcript (or the subtitles).
- sharpen your speaking by summarizing the talk to me and answering my follow-up questions.
REMEMBER: I ask students for lesson plans they find interesting because practicing English is more fun when it's interesting!
Our lessons will be on Google Hangouts; my handle is Patrick Dayries.