Experienced Cambridge English Teacher
|languages||Bengali, English, Hindi, Spanish, Urdu|
EFL Teacher September 2014 – Current
La Academia – The Globe – Granada, Spain
- Engaged students through activities designed for maximum interaction in large and small groups.
- Developed lessons plans that were appropriate to students’ learning abilities and relfected their needs and strengths, using various teaching strategies.
- Created a trusting atmosphere through sensitivity to students’ strengths, weaknesses, and personal learning styles.
- Utilized a diverse range of classroom management strategies to keep students focused.
- Preparing students from Cambridge exams (PET).
- Teaching primary students from ages 3-7 years old.
- Graded exams, tests, and provided students with comprehensive feedback for improvement.
EFL Teacher January 2014 – June 2014 English In Motion – Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Taught students of all ages from 3 years-old to the elderly of about 80 years of age.
- Prepared students for all Cambridge exams (PET/KET/FCE/CAE), and Trinity College exams.
- Utilized the Callan Method to teach beginner to intermediate level students.
- Conducted individual proficiency classes, to group classes.
- Taught in companies and some of the most prestigious public schools in the city.
- Taught Business English, and Travel/Tourism and Hospitality English in companies for adults with both advanced and beginners level of English. Emphases placed on international business development conversation skills.
- Lesson planning, lesson implementation, assessment strategies, communicative and grammar studies.
Child Care Worker & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; 2010 – 2013 Muppets Daycare, Toronto
Beginner Level Piano Teacher 1999 – 2003
Self-Empl oyed, Toronto
- Taught students ranging from ages 6-18 beginner level piano.
- Designed, planned and implemented lesson plan for music.
- Outstanding ability to instruct beginner to intermediate students.
- Successful ly identified the individual talents of the students.
- Motivated the students to perform at institutional, community and all other events.
- Prepared all lessons and teaching aides as well as theory drills.
Experience: 5 years
Experienced English teacher from Canada, with experience in Business English, English for tourism, grammar, and general ESL/EFL. Extensive experience preparing students for Cambridge KET/PET, B1, B2 and CAE exams.