Experienced British Teacher (Native Speaker with a Master's Degree in English)
- BA in English Literature and Language (Queen's University Belfast 2009)
- MA in English (Queen's University belfast 2010)
- 20-Hour TEFL Certificate (UK-TEFL 2011)
- 120-Hour TEFL Certificate (SEE-TEFL Asia 2013)
- Private Tutoring (England 2009-2010)
- IELTS Preparation Private Tutoring (England, 2010-2011)
- Wachirawi t Private School (Thailand 2011-2012)
- Online Business English (Taiwan and China 2013-2014)
- Confusing English Private Lessons (2014 to date)
Experience: 5 years
My name is Ashley, and I am a twenty-seven-year-old teacher from the United Kingdom. I have a master's degree in English, and over five years' teaching experience.
I offer affordable lessons online. I am very dedicated to the progress of my students, and that is why many have described my classes as the 'best they've ever experienced.' I understand that every student has different problem areas, and different language goals. After the 15-minute test lesson, I tailor the student's lessons towards their interests, profession and lifestyle.
I choose topics that help the student become familiar with the culture of Britain. My lessons are designed to simultaneously improve reading, listening and speaking skills. I intensly monitor my students' pronunciation, sentence stress and grammar usage. My aim is not only to help my students grow their vocabulary, but to eventually think in English. This will allow the student to improve their fluency as they begin to speak complex sentences at ease.
I am flexible with my program, and I am always eager to work with my students to ensure they get the best possible experience from my teaching. For more information, and for access to my free guides and blog, visit my website at confusingenglish.com
I look forward to seeing you soon!