Native English Speaker; TESOL Certified Teacher; Speaking/Conversation, Reading & Listening
Education & Qualifications:
My qualifications were completed in Australia and include:
of Arts in
* Cert ificate IV in TESOL
* Hospitality and Hospital Healthcare Occupational Workplace Health & Safety.
Additionally, I have over 15+ years working experience acros s several fields:
Hospitality & Tourism
* Hospital Health Administration
Experience: 5 years
Hello, my name is Clare. I am an Australian native English speaker. Currently, I am living and working as an English teacher in Mauritius.
Working as an online teacher provides the unique opportunity in being able to work individually with students from a wide variety of different cultures, ethnicities and social backgrounds in achieving their personal or professional English goals.
I am a positive, friendly, calm and patient teacher who understands the challenges with learning something new. When teaching, I try to make sure that the lesson content taught relates to everyday life, making it meaningful and practical for you to use immediately.
I have experience and enjoy interacting with guests, patients and clients from many varying ethnic backgrounds.
Please contact me via Buddy School Messaging System for lesson inquires.
Inlcude the following in your message:
- Brief background about yourself, your goals, expectations and lesson focus.
- English Placement Level (if applicable)
- Any questions you wish to ask
- Where you live (timezone) and lesson availbility preferences.
My time zone is Mauritius time (GMT +4) so please check your country time zone with mine to calculate the time differences. I do not experience any changes with daylight savings during the year.
Monday – Wednesday 8:30am – 5pm;
Thursday 8:30am – 4pm;
Friday 8:30am – 3pm;
Saturday – Sunday 8am – 9am
1) Casual Conversation - free chat with no homework preparation. It is the student’s choice to be corrected or not corrected during the lesson.
Skill Development: Speaking, Reading and Listening.
2) Read & Discuss Conversation - pre-lesson article reading and discussion during the lesson; topic discussion / analysis and vocabulary/expressions learned via reading.
It is the student’s choice to be corrected or not corrected during the lesson.
Skill Development: Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking.
English Levels Taught: Intermediate - Advanced*
* Adult Lessons only.
* 60 minutes (1 hour) in duration. Please be aware that I do not teach lessons less than 60 minutes or longer than 60 minutes.
Resources & Materials:
All resources and materials are provided. If you have materials that you would like to use for lessons, please advise before the lesson to discuss.
- > greater than 24 hours cancellation: no fee charged; a scheduled lesson can be rescheduled only once (1 time) if needed by the student.
- < less than 24 hours' cancellation: 100% of lesson fee paid
- No show to lesson: 100% of lesson fee paid.
- Late arrival start time: lesson will finish at original scheduled time and 100% of lesson fee paid.
* Lesson can only be booked >24 hours in advance.
* To secure your preferred lesson day and time, book well in advance. Due to popular lesson times, you will not be automatically guaranteed the same day/time each time.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!