Informal English Conversation Practice
Experience: 1 years
I am a 28-year-old male native English speaker from the south of England. I have been tutoring online for over a year to students from all over the world.
I teach adults with a pre-intermediate to advanced level of English.
In most of my lessons, we talk, or the student mainly talks, about different topics while I listen carefully for mistakes and, depending on the student, signal or correct the mistake. I type quickly so after each lesson, you can review the lesson to see what the problems were.
I've also helped many people prepare for the IELTS test, mainly the speaking section, and partly the TOEFL test.
Other things which often happen in my lessons include: reading news articles, learning phrasal verbs, correcting some writing and explaining grammar.
As well as having a good ear to find mistakes, I'm very punctual, reliable, flexible, patient, honest and friendly. I have been on time for virtually all lessons I've given; I give students a reminder before the lesson in case they forget; I am flexible with my time, cancelling or changing lesson times with little notice, as long as it doesn't happen all the time; I always stay calm and try my best to help the student understand; I tell students honest feedback about their level and my own strengths and weaknesses as a tutor; and I try to make the lessons a friendly, relaxed time when possible.
If you want a free 20-minute trial lesson, to talk about lessons with me or find out how to get a discount, add me on Skype. My Skype is: englishmandarinexchange
- I work between 7:30am - 10:00pm (UK time zone) but some time is reserved for current students.
- My availability only shows the next 14 days - I extend it every morning.
- Message me, ideally on Skype, to check if I have any extra time.
- Lessons must be at least 20 minutes long.
- Lessons are displayed in your time zone.
- If you are over 10 minutes late, I have the option to cancel the lesson.
- You can cancel any time before the lesson starts.
- Lessons will take place on Skype.
- Contact me on Skype for a discount.
8th April 2015 - 8th January 2017
Free Students: 40
Paying Students: 154
Total Students: 194
Free Lessons: 143
Paid Lessons: 3354
Total Lessons: 3497
Free Time: 49 hrs 15 mins (avg: 21 mins)
Paid Time: 2413 hrs 05 mins (avg: 43 mins)
Total Time: 2462 hrs 20 mins (avg: 42 mins)