I'm a native english speaker from New York with two university degrees!
Experience: 0 years
This is my resume!
American | Budapest, Hungary
linkedin.com/in/mikespax | stickerlight.com Objective
Master’s degree graduate with entrepreneurship experience who has recently established residency in Hungary and is seeking a challenging role within a business environment in Europe.Skills
Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, SEO, Product Sourcing, Customer Service, Basic Spanish, Learning French
Design / Analysis
Autodesk Inventor 2012, 3D Printing, Maple 13, Excel, PSPICE, OrCad Capture, Matlab, Assembly, P-Basic, Microsoft SQL Server, Wordpress, HTML, CSS Donecblanditfeugia
Adobe Dreamweaver / Photoshop / Premiere, DSLR Photography, VideographyProfessional Experience
Founder | Stickerlight
Buffalo, New York | May 2012 - Present
- Invented and developed a consumer electronic device that adds illuminated branding to laptops.
- Partnered with multiple overseas manufacturers to source components and assemble the final product.
- Implemented customer feedback to continuously improve the product through successive iterations.
- Won $15,000 in seed funding through winnings from two business plan competitions.
Founder | SpaxShop
Albany, New York | May 2005 - April 2014
- Researched and sourced various products from overseas manufacturers to be sold online.
- Analyzed market needs and competitors to ensure a superior product line at a competitive price point.
- Averaged annual revenues of $60k at peak, with over 8,000 transactions and $250k in cumulative sales since 2005.
- Maintained a reputation for excellent customer service and high quality products, resulting in a high degree of customer retention.
sales executive | Applied Sciences Group
Buffalo, New York | May 2012 - December 2012
- Telephoned hundreds of clients to generate potential leads.
- Transitioned their outdated website to Drupal, a more secure and modernized content management system.
Web Developer | S3J Electronics
Lancaster, New York | October 2010 - August 2011
- Developed and maintained S3J’s online presence through both social marketing and search engine optimization.
- Upgraded website and reformatted product datasheets to reflect a recent makeover of the product line.
Graduate researcher | Energy Systems Integration
State University of New York at Buffalo | June 2009 - June 2013
- Conducted experiments on the characteristics of high-voltage flashover in polystyrene dielectrics.
- Awarded a $1,500 research grant to purchase testing equipment to create a database characterizing new battery chemistries.
- Assisted in the research of a non-thermal plasma torch, which was successfully used to treat in vitro melanoma cancer cells.
BSEE & MBA Combined Degree Program
State University of New York at Buffalo | August 2008 - March 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering & Master of Business Administration Awards and Activities
- 2nd Place, Panasci Business Plan Competition, Spring 2013
- Engineering Cooperative Society Scholarship, Spring 2012
- Impact on Society - Inspiring Female Engineers, 2008
- College Cheerleading, Fall 2008 - Spring 2012