Knowledgeable English Tutor who has experience in teaching English both as a second language and as a tutor assisting students who were behind in language arts to catch up. Has strong understanding of all English grammar rules and good essay writing skills. Has a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering as well as completed Cambridge English: Business Vantage, also known as Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage, it is the second of the three certificates. It is an upper-intermediate level exam.
- Excellent tutoring skills
- Solid understanding of English grammar, spelling and punctuation rules
- Works very well one-on-one with students
Experience: 2 years
Responsible for instructing students about the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Assigns books and essays for students to read and teaches them how to identify themes, points of view, and other characteristics.
- Instruct students on interpreting literature.
- Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
- Help students interpret literature and poetry.
- Provide background on authors' life and works.
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Teach about different literary styles.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.