English Conversation Coach - Now You're Talking!
Jan 2014 - Present: Digital Nomad and Avid Conversation Coach
Nomadic Experience so far: Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, UK, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Italy, France, Nepal, Cambodia
•To experience a wide variety of cultures and understand the World I inhabit more clearly.
•To develop compassion, acceptance and understanding of different beliefs and ways of life.
1991: Vocational School - Chicago School of Massage and Body Work Therapy (now Cortiva Institute)
500 hour curriculum in Healing Arts Method and Practice
Continuing Education requirements met for National Certification, NCBTMB, USA through 2013.
1982: College - Alvin Community College
Recording and Studio Technologies
1981: High School For Performing and Visual Arts
Mass Media and Communications: Radio / Television / Film / Photography
Experience: 2 years
You can learn quickly when you are interested in the subject matter!
I am currently employing new methods of conversational coaching for English learners.
It's easier to practice English when you enjoy the conversation.
There are several ways to engage in the process:
• Free Flowing Conversation about almost anything!
• You choose an English language song, poetry, video, movie or podcast to have a conversation about. Take notes considering content and interpretation, and then tell me about your experience. If you desire gentle correction in grammer, syntax or pronunciation, I'm happy to help You!
• Conversational English with TED.com - this method works!
(for intermediate and advanced English students)
Choose an interesting TED talk (http://www.ted.com/) and prepare to tell me about it when we meet.
1) Listen to different English accents and improve your listening skills.
2) Read the subtitles or the interactive transcript and improve your vocabulary.
3) Tell me about the talk and improve your speaking skills.
TED talks are by given by people from all over the world sharing interesting ideas. There are fascinating talks on many subjects. You will learn more in 30 minutes with this method than an hour of conversation with other methods!
I am also available to help You with:
- Conscious Dialogue
- Listening Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Optimism and Optimal Living
- Proofreading and Editing Documents
I am native to the USA and traveling the World slowly.
I will help You develop fluency and confidence.
I am a suitable conversation coach for you if you are looking for someone who is friendly with excellent pronunciation skills and a good sense of humor.
I'll give you helpful feedback at the end of our Conversation!