Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013
SUNY Research Foundation (New York, NY)
Lab Technology Coordinator (April 2010– Present)
- Manage desktop/help desk support to multiple departments by phone, remote connections and desk side.
- Troubleshoot problems with computer lab stations and perform software compatibility checks.
- Resolve network and server issues with Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Provide remote assistance to clients using third-party client software such as TeamViewer, Log Me In and Skype.
- Remote and network server installation of software such as Microsoft Office, Rosetta Stone, anti-virus software (Zone Alarm, Comodo Internet Security Firewall, Comodo Internet Security Suite, Kaspersky Anti-virus).
- Established a support system for 70 co-workers located across the state for training and education of employees and clients.
- Educate clients on resume building, cover letter writing, and the interview process.
- Act in mock interview scenarios with clients in order to prepare them for interview questions.
- Prepare and motivate clients towards achieving Microsoft Office Specialist Certification achieving 200 – 300 Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications per year.
- Train and supervise interns and volunteers in the use of the computer systems and software utilized by SUNY (Instructional Systems Technologies, GMetrix and Certiport Testing Software.)
- Create and submit monthly and yearly performance reports for management review.
- Develop and execute strategies for marketing and recruiting new clients in order to consistently achieve certification goals.
- Instruct clients in month long classes in preparation for Microsoft Office Specialist certification in Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as instruction with regards to other software.
Experience: 6 years
I'm a Microsoft Office Specialist in Office 2007/2010/2013 Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Outlook. I teach courses in each of these pieces of software on a monthly basis. I am also well versed in a variety of other software as well as computer science topics.