|languages||Czech, English, Hindi, Japanese|
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS 1. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Plant Genome Science, (2012) Department of Nano system Science, Graduate School of Nano bioscience, Yokohama City University, Japan. & Plant Science Centre, Riken Yokohama Institute, Japan
2. Master of Science (M.Sc.), Biotechnology, 78.05 %, 1st Division (2006) School of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, (Madhya Pradesh).
3. Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Sc. &Tech) Agriculture, 90.0 %, 1st Division (2004) Allahabad agriculture institute Deemed University, Allahabad, and Uttar Pradesh.
4. Intermediate Science (I. SC. / 12th), 60 %, 1st Division (1997) Kendriya vidyalaya sonepur, Bihar (C.B.S.E Board)
5. Matriculation (10th), 58.2 %, IInd Division (1995) Patna central school, Patna, Bihar (C.B.S.E Board)
Selected in all India Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB)-2004 conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi on behalf of various participating universities & got admission at Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore (M P).
Selected for JAPANESE GOVERNMENT MEXT SCHOLARSHIP 2008 conducted by MEXT, Japan. Selected for
Postdoctoral fellowship for Institute of Experimental Botany, Prague, Czech Republic.
As a part of M.Sc. program a one-year of research project was undertaken in the field of Plant tissue culture at School of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (M.P.) during M.Sc. session 2005-2006. Project title: "Regeneration of alkaloid producing callus & cell suspension cultures of medicinally important plant-vernonia cinerea".
As a part of Ph.D course three-year of research project was undertaken in field of Plant Genome Science at Department of Nanosystem Science, Graduate School of Nanobioscience, and Yokohama City University, Japan. & Plant Functional Genomics Research Group, Plant Science Centre, Riken Yokohama Institute, Japan during Ph.D session (2009-2012). Project title: “Arabidopsis Mitochondrial protein Tim50 affects cell elongation through intracellular ATP levels.”
As a part of Post doctoral fellowship of 2 years research was project was taken in field of microbiology at divison of Plant Pathology, Indian Agriculture Research Institute Project title: “Development of spectroscopic methods for detection and quantification of adulterants and contaminants in fruit juices and milk”
As a part of second Post doctoral fellowship currently pursuing research project in field of Plant biology at Institute of experimental botany, Academy of sciences, Prague, Czech Republic. Project title: “Role of translational initiation factors in pollen growth and Development”
1. Alkaloid production in Vernonia cinerea: Callus, cell suspension and root cultures: Priti Maheshwari, Bharti Songara, Shailesh Kumar, Prachi Jain, Kamini Srivastava and Anil Kumar* 2007, Biotechnology Journal, (http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/bio t.200700033)
2. Arabidopsis Mitochondrial protein Tim50 affects cell elongation through intracellular ATP levels: Shailesh Kumar, Takeshi Yoshizumi, Hiroaki Hongo, Arata Yoneda, Hiroko Hara, Hidefumi Hamasaki, Naoki Takahashi, Noriko Nagata, Hiroaki Shimada, Minami Matsui Plant Sci. (2011), (doi:10.1016/j.plantsci.2011.0 8.014 )
3. A homologue of Tim50 affects endoreduplication in Darkness. Shailesh Kumar, Takeshi Yoshizumi, Hiroaki Hongo, Arata Yoneda, Hiroko Hara, Hidefumi Hamasaki, Naoki Takahashi, Noriko Nagata, Hiroaki Shimada, Minami Matsui (Manuscript under preparation)
4. Pathotyping and genetic screening of type 3 effectors in Indian strains of Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae causing bacterial leaf blight of rice Kalyan Monda, Bharat R Meena, MSc. (Ag.); Alim Junaid, MSc. (Biotech); Geeta Verma, MSc. (Biotech); Dipali Majumder, PhD; Manju Khicher, MSc. (Biotech); Shailesh Kumar, PhD; Susanta Banik, PhD; Chandra Mani Journal: Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology (2014) http://d x.doi.org/10.1016/j.pmpp.2014. 03.005
5. VISUAL DETECTION OF ESCHERICHIA COLI CONTAMINATION IN MILK AND FRUIT JUICES USING LOOP-MEDIATED ISOTHERMAL AMPLIFICATION. JOURNAL OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, (IMPACT FACTOR 2.02). KUMAR SHAILESH AND MONDAL K.K. 2015 http://link.springer.com /article/10.1007/s13197-015-17 79-2
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Received monthly Scholarship by Department of Biotechnology (DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India), New Delhi for two years during M.Sc. Biotechnology.
Selecte d for JAPANESE GOVERNMENT MEXT SCHOLARSHIP 2008 for Doctoral studies in Japan.
Research Associate ship for Postdoctoral position in Indian agriculture research institute under NABSARA Project.
Awarded Postdoctoral position in Institute of Experimental Botany, Prague, Czech Republic under grant of Academy of sciences Czech Republic.
Experience: 2 years
I am Researcher and Spoken English teacher. I have completed my Doctoral course from Yokohama university (JAPAN). I have been working in the field of cell biology and molecular biology throughout my doctoral degree with a focus specifically on understanding the mechanism of hypocotyls cell elongation in plants. I have experience in teaching students in Yokohama International student house,Yokohama , Japan. My interest to communicate with different nationalities encourages me to take up this splendid assignment as an opportunity. I wish to do research and communicate with people all over globe. I did my Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Master of Science in Biotechnology. My current area of research involves, which is also the topic of my Ph.D. thesis "Analyses of Plant mitochondrial inner membrane protein TIM50 on the control of plant cell elongation." under the supervision of Dr. Minami Matsui, Group director, Plant functional genomics research Group, Riken Plant Science Centre, Japan.I scored Tofel ibt with good score. Given an opportunity, I will involve myself with all my expertise, dedication and enthusiasm in Teaching. I assure you that I shall discharge my duty to the best satisfaction of my clients. I am sure you would find it very interesting. Looking forward to hear back from you. With warm regards, Dr. Shailesh kuma