20.00 USD /single lesson (60 min.)
Science / Chemistry
Tutor score: 0 What is the tutor score?
Experience: 5 years
I am here to teach chemistry for high school and graduates.
Here are few ideas to consider in beginning a successful relationship with my students:
- I have very high expectations from my students and i believe in them.
- Be yourself. My students will be at ease in my classroom.
- Humility goes a long way. Do not be afraid to make mistakes in front of me (although too many mistakes due to a lack of preparation is not beneficial).
- II let my students know about myself. Like Why did you come to MIT? Why do you find chemistry interesting? Why did you decide to make chemistry your career?
- Come early to class, and do not run out immediately following. This will give you a chance to talk informally and answer any questions students are not willing to ask in front of their peers.
- Although not required, I consider allowing my students to e-mail me with questions (make sure it is clear how quick of a reply they should expect from you), and making appointments for students who can not make my office hours or need extra help.