English as a Second Language
EXPERIENCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Onli ne Private Teacher   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ; Sep 2016 - Now
- Te aching private lessons through Skype.
- Students&rsqu o; levels vary from beginner to advanced.
Freelan ce Private Tutor &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; June 2016-Oct 2016
Quet zaltenango, Guatemala
- Teaching students privately, about 10 students from beginner to advanced level.
Private English Teacher  ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ; June 2016-Oct 2016
Best English School, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Teaching private lessons to children and adults of various levels.
Local Leader and English Teacher   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ;   ; Jul 2015
Engl ish First summer school, Portsmouth, England
- I led and taught English for 3 weeks Chinese children aged 10-12.
- There were 17 Chinese children of level complete beginner to lower intermediate.
- I taught for a total of about 25-30 hours topics such as grammar and vocabulary, and made the students practice verbal communication skills.
Personal Tutor&nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; Aug 2009 – July 2010
Wall Street Institute, Haifa, Israel
- I taught English grammar, vocabulary to adults in one-on-one settings, and practiced conversation.
- Suppor ted students in their learning process by tracking their progress, offering advice and resolving study issues.
- Voted top personal tutor in Israel, best in 11 company branches, for one quarter of a year.
8 hours of volunteer English teaching, teenagers. 10 students.
Sonati, Estelí, Nicaragua &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &nb sp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; Dec 2014 2 hour of volunteer English teaching, young teenagers, 8 students.
EDUCATION & TEACHING CERTIFICATES
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics - University of Bath, England, UK &nbs p; 2006-2009
Cambr idge CELTA Certificate – Pass & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; March 2015
Inte rnational House, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Ful l-time 4 week course, 120 classroom hours + 80 hours for outside of classroom tasks.
- 6 hours of assessed and 2 hours of unassessed classroom teaching.
- Taught two groups: elementary A2 and lower intermediate B1 students, 9-12 students in each group.
- Observed course tutors, experienced teachers and fellow CELTA trainee teachers.
120 Hour TEFL Certificate - Merit June 2014
- T he TEFL Academy Combined TEFL Course.
- 20 Classroom Hours + 100 hour of online TEFL and grammar course.
Experience: 2 years
Hi there, my name is Eugene! I'm a native English teacher from England. I have 2 qualifications: CELTA &120 hour TEFL. I have taught in Israel, Guatemala and England.
My lessons are dynamic, planned specifically for each student, active and you will start improving immediately.
I teach all levels, from beginner to advanced, and can help you prepare for interviews. My lessons are based on the student’s needs.
We will work together to increase your knowledge of vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, grammar and communication abilities by taking planned and logical steps that follow the natural order of language acquisition.
My methodology is based on communication skills and language that emerges naturally during the lesson.
I speak fluently 4 languages (English, Hebrew, Spanish and Russian), and the experience of learning those languages gives me a unique insight into languages and their acquisition process.
I have worked with many different students with different ages, nationalities and needs, and so I have an excellent understanding of student needs, which helps me to help you learn better and faster.
In the first lesson I gather information from you about your past experience of learning English, strengths and weaknesses, the reasons you learn English, and I assess your level.
After the first lesson I will understand what you know, what you need to practice, and the areas you haven’t mastered yet. Using this information I will create us a study plan that will make sure we strengthen weak areas and learn new language logically.
I am looking forward to teaching you