Native English lessons + essay editing + college application assistance!
20.00 USD /single lesson (60 min.)
Languages / English / American ...
Tutor score: 0 What is the tutor score?
Cornell University: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biological Sciences
Chan School of Public Health: Masters in Public Health (MPH)
- I have been tutoring students in English, Math, and Science since I was 17 years old, but I have since gained teaching experience at the university level as well.
Experience: 8 years
- Tutored over 20 high school to college level students in English, varying widely in experience.
- Focus simultaneously on explaining grammar and building vocabulary.
- Lessons will be heavily practice-based: we will spend a lot of time applying the concepts that you learn in writing assignments. You will become a much better writer in the process.
- We will delve into idioms and common American English expressions as well, in order to focus on less formal English.
- Each lesson will be tailored to the interests of the student. If a student is struggling with a particular aspect of the language, we will focus extensively on addresing the component that needs most work.
- Finally, if students are looking to complete college or graduate school applications, I will also walk students through each stage of the process and edit and revise applications. Having recently graduated from two Ivy League institutions, I know the ins and outs of the application process.