MTECH ECE HAVING 11 YEARS OF TEACHING.
Experience: 11 years
Goals: To develop the fundamental tools of linear circuit analysis which will be useful to all engineers. To learn the "alphabet" of circuits, including wires, resistors, capacitors, inductors, voltage and current sources, and operational amplifiers. To prepare students for more advanced courses in circuit analysis.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify linear systems and represent those systems in schematic form
- Apply Kirchhoff's current and voltage laws and Ohm's law to circuit problems
- Simplify circuits using series and parallel equivalents and using Thevenin and Norton equivalents
- Perform node and loop analyses and set these up in standard matrix format
- Identify and model first and second order electric systems involving capacitors and inductors
- Predict the transient behavior of first and second order circuits