Highly qualitifed native English teacher - Free trial lesson
I studied English, Xhosa, and other languages at the University of Cape Town, graduating with a Bachelor's in English and Xhosa.
I then completed my Post-Graduate Certificate of Education through UNISA.
While studying for my undergraduate degree, I worked as a tutor, supporting and teaching students in the years below me. For my post-graduate placement work, I was placed part time in a high school working as a teacher's assistant. Due to my success with my students, I was hired as a full-time teacher within 4 months, before I had even completed my post-graduate degree.
I subsequently worked in a primary and middle school in South Korea teaching English to children. Since then, I have been working online, teaching teens and adults from all around the world.
Experience: 10 years
Hello! My name is Salvia and I am a dedicated and passionate teacher with an enthusiasm for teaching languages, especially my own. English is a complex and beautiful language, and with the right support and guidance, anyone can master it. If this sounds like something you'd like to achieve, I look forward to meeting you!
- Fully qualified teacher with 10+ years of experience
- Native English speaker educated in British and American schools
- Clear, well spoken British accent
- Experience working with kids, teens and adults
- I helped to compile and edit a bilingual dictionary for Oxford University Press, published in 2014
- I create interesting, personalised lessons for my students, appropriate to their level
- I specialise in
- Conversation practice
- IELTS preparation (with great proven results)
- Business English
- English for kids and teens
- Accent reduction and elimination
- Test & exam preparation
- Intensive and thorough grammar revision and support
- CV and interview preparation
- Writing revision and in-depth editing & proofreading
- Public speaking and presentation strategies
- Helping you feel relaxed and building your confidence