Highly Qualified On-line Spanish Teacher (with 13 years of experience)
|languages||Catalan; Valencian, English, German, Polish, Spanish|
- 16.04.19 – 27.07.19 Docencia De La Formación Profesional Para El Empleo (380 hours) (Valencia, Spain).
- 12.11.11 V Conference for Modern Language Teachers of Spanish, French and German by Pablo Martínez, Cristina Moreno y Amor Chárlez Mendez (IH, London).
- 07.11.08 II Conference for Modern Language Teachers of Spanish, French and German by Agustín Garmendia, Sergio Troitinio y Carmen Soriano (IH, London).
- 03.11.07 I Conference for Modern Language Teachers of Spanish, French and German by Agustín Garmendia, Anna Méndez y Carmen Soriano (IH, London).
- 22.06.07 Seminar: “ Expresión oral y currículo: reflexión sobre metodología y materiales “ by Magdalena Sánchez (Instituto Cervantes, London).
- 02.06.07 Seminar: “El aula : espacio social y de aprendizaje: La creación de condiciones óptimas“ by Ernesto Martín Peris (Instituto Cervantes, London).
- 18.05.07 Seminar: “La enseñanza de la cultura en el aula de E/LE: valores y comportamientos” by Pepa Galan (Instituto Cervantes, London).
- 01.03.06 – 01.04.06: International House Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults (IH CLTA).
- 01.03.05 – 01.04.05: Course for the Advanced Certificate in English (ESOL). (Westminster Kingsway College London).
- 01.10.05 – 01.06.08: Bachelor Degree in Film and Media Studies. ( Birkbeck University, London).
- 1995– 1998: Electronics Specialist Engineer (Electronics high studies)FP2/I.E.S Misericordia,Valencia (1999).
- 1993–1 994: Electronics Assistant Engineer (Electronics studies) FP1/ I.E.S Cabillers, Valencia (1994).
- 1983–1 992: Certificate of success in EGB course (Elementary education). C P Fernando Rodríguez Fornos, Valencia (1992).
Experience: 13 years
My name is Carlos Macías and I am a highly skilled, enthusiastic native Spanish teacher (from Valencia) with thirteen years dedicated experience in teaching adults. I do both one-to-one lessons as well as lessons for small groups.
Aside of conversational Spanish and every-day language, I have taught all sorts of specific language areas (business, law, financial, IT, management, international development, fine arts, engineering). When teaching I use modern techniques such as task-based and communicative approach.
I have lived in London, Krakow, Amsterdam and Berlin where I was teaching both private and corporate students. I live now in Valencia.
I am currently teaching at In-lingua Berlin as well as my own students via Skype (based in different locations such as London, Madrid, Krakow, Hong Kong, Nairobi and New York) and face to face.
I offer lessons at all levels (A1 to C2) whether you want to learn Business Spanish or just everyday language. I also prepare for DELE exams. My lessons will adapt to your level, needs and interests. During my lessons I cover all learning aspect such as grammar, speaking, listening, writing , vocabulary and reading.
Students can choose when they take classes, including at their office during working hours, at home after work or via Skype. Classes are completely flexible and tailored to suit a students’ changing schedule. For my lessons I use different materials and books (e.g. Aula Internacional).
I offer a 30 min Skype trial lesson where we can get to know each other as well as explain to you how I teach.
Lesson Price: £30 for 60 mins, £40 for 90 mins or £50 for 120 min.