Experienced English Language Instruction for All Ages and Subjects
I hold or have held the following degrees and certificates:
- B achelors Degree in The Humanities
- Multi-Sub ject Teaching Credential
- TEFL Certificate
As a classroom educator:
- All Subjects
- An Ethnically and Socio-Economically Diverse Student Body, including Gifted and Talented (GATE), Title I
- Curriculum Development in Writing and Mathematics
- Developed Instructional Enrichment Materials (After-School)
- Standardized Test Preparation
Additional Training in Educational Practices
- Project-Based Learning (Task-Based Instruction or TBI) - Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA, U.S.
Students gain knowledge and skills by investigating, analyzing, and responding to an authentic, engaging, and complex question, problem, or challenge.
- Socratic Seminar - University of California, Los Angeles, CA, U.S.
Students engage in cooperative dialogue based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking.
After -School Enrichment Educator
- Students aged 4-15
- Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, including the Scientific Method and applicable vocabulary
Experience: 15 years
For thirteen years, I worked in the Hollywood entertainment industry, where I became familiar with the language needs of business professionals.
For ten years, I was successful in teaching students aged 9-12 in all subjects, including speaking, reading, writing, and listening to English. My students went on to perform well in law and medicine.
I am a professional copyeditor, as well, with a firm grasp on English language conventions.
My teaching style is based on the real-life needs of my students, as well as what they will require in their future endeavours.
My personal interests are literature and writing short fiction and haiku. I love the many possibilities of language!